The Old Brewhouse of the Olympia Brewery is a historic landmark. The building was built in 1906, and joined the National Historic Register in 1978 as part of Tumwater’s Historic District. Once restored, it will be an important icon for the hub and the community. The structure symbolizes the proud tradition of brewing in the heart of Tumwater.
The Old Brewhouse was donated to the City of Tumwater in May 2016. As part of the donation, the City acquired trail easements which will eventually allow public access to the site and link with the network of trails that pass Tumwater Falls and parallel the Deschutes River as it flows north toward Capitol Lake and the Puget Sound. Find more information on the City’s website.
- Owners of historic brew house offer it as donation to city, KIRO 7 News Story, April, 5, 2016
- Tumwater Accepts Donation of Historic Brewhouse, The Chronicle, April 7, 2016